The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2013, 11:54 PM   #1
59 camaro

i need help with a few questions

i bought this 58 gmc a few weeks ago and im trying to just put it back on the road, plates have been expired since 1987 so im assuming it hasent been driven, i got it off this old man who had it in his back yard for a long time.

anyways, plans WERE to buy an apache and dump a LS1 in it buuuuut i just cant see myself ****ing up a GMC and more bcus its a automatic... truck is pretty complete and its a fleetside....

so i already rebuilt the brakes all around, new master too.... now i checked the oil on the tranny and the motor and it looks like BRAND NEW... i took the carb to get rebuilt.... it still has a generator too... this idiot added 2 under the bed gastanks i want to remove but it still has the og tank behind the seat...

questions,

i bought everything to do a tune up, but anything else i should rebuild?

what do i gap the sparkplugs?

should i upgrade to a alternator or leave it original with a generator?

how the hell do i remove the chrome trim around the windshield and the rear big back window?

i want to lower the front 1-2 inches, should i just remove leafS? if so how many?

anything i should do to the tranny? the guy claims the tranny was rebuilt back in the days

i plan to lower the back 7 inches and cnotch it, should i go monos? or dearched springs?

i plan on sanding the old patina and spraying clear on it, whats the best way to do this, i want the old look to stay on the truck

im sure im forgetting a few questions but thanks for reading and for the help in advance, and if anyone by the ANAHEIM area wana come help me feel free to lmk lol
59 camaro is offline   Reply With Quote