The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
syncityj

1971 Chevy pick up

Hey everyone,
I am new to classic chevy trucks but I am hoping to end that this week. I found a 1971 pick up. I am in las vegas but the vehicle came from Colorado. I am going to look at it today and was wondering what I should look at. Problem areas for rust, different, over looked areas, stuff like that. supposedly the motor and trans were rebuilt, but I will be waiting on paperwork before I believe that. On that note, it has a 283 V8, did these years come with this size motor?

According to the owner, its been in his family since new, and he has other projects taking up his time. I am just looking for some information to help me in negotiation and to protect me from biting off more then I can chew, as I would be purchasing this as a daily driver.

I have been looking at replacement parts, and it all seems faily cheap, but I know that the parts list can add up and really take a toll on me so the more information from you guys the better.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by syncityj; 04-09-2013 at 02:25 PM. Reason: forgot how to spell
syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote