The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
HeloCrewChief

70 K20 Build in Alaska

Hey guys,

Been through a few 69-70 trucks and a 63 before and posted them on here. They were all short/fleet/2wd models though. This is my first 4x4 build and have been wanting one for a while. Tomahawk30 was a big help in trying to find me a truck and keeping me motivated for one of these. I bought a 67 Nova SS in November instead of a truck but, everything has worked out now. Work sent me to Fairbanks, Alaska for a year or so and I found this guy up here about after a month of living here. Looked like a solid truck at first but, once I got the ice pick out the rockers and outer floors fell apart. The cab corners, rain gutters and everything else is fairly solid. Truck is mechanically sound as of now. Right now I have it in at Stray Kat Kustoms getting the paint/body work done. They are working FAST and seem to be doing a good job so far. Plans are to bring it back to close to stock looking with some mild custom touches

-White/Black Houndstooth seat cover
-rubber mat
-Orange/White two tone ( still undecided if I should run the upper side moldings and run white down the side?)
-Purchased a bunch of goodys from Frank (PICKMUP) on the board including 16.5x8.25 steel wheels.
-I highly recommend Frank by the way. He has awesome parts and goes out of his way to help me. I have spent thousands over the years building 8 different cars from Grand Nationals to Chevelles and Frank is the best vendor so far.
-33x12.50 tires
-2 inch lift kit
-Rear bumper and wheels will be white
-Warn winch front bumper
-Restore Tach Dash
-Replaced weather stripping and some trim

That's about it for now. Building a truck in Interior Alaska is rough. If it wasn't for some great board members and the help of Carlile Transportation I don't know how I would beat the cabin fever. Wish me luck
Attached Images

1968 Chevelle
1964 Comet Caliente
1990 W250 Cummins
HeloCrewChief is offline   Reply With Quote