The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #11
gdavis

Re: 1968

[QUOTE=67c10rustbuket;6004813]Looks real good gdavis!

I think he asked about the motor mount stands because they are mounted in the rear 2 holes. You notice the extra hole in front of the mount? V8 towers go in the front 2 holes and I6 towers go in the rear 2. People use those all the time, works fine you just may have a little trouble working on your distributor (will be close to the firewall). On the positive side it may help with weight distribution (handling) with the engine farther back.

I did notice that your sway bar brackets are installed backwards. the surface that the bushing bolts to should be parallel to the ground. This may cause some of the alignment issue with the bushing that xeen pointed out. Here is a pic of yours along with a pic I borrowed from txfirefighter. The pic from tx is factory riveted piece, see how it is parallel to the ground, that is correct. I am not picking on your work or anything, Just letting you know. you do a fine job. Keep on truckin'

Thanks a lot guy for the input and that is why I had so much trouble with the bushings. They still is not right. I guess I will take them off and swat or infronow them. As you stated that the holes on the towers are in the rear holes. well I think I will change that also. I don't want to have to fight the distubtor in the future. Again that is why it sets so far back from the radiator. I put a long nose water pump on the enging but still it sets too far back. I really do thank you for the input and setting me stright. Bryan helps me out a lot and now I am glad I have another eye on things.
gdavis is offline   Reply With Quote