The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
jonvo4591

Jonvo's old school diesel

Hey guys! Been away from here for a while after I sold my old 1 ton cab & chassis, but I'm back with an all new ride!

Boom! here she is:

The PO took the truck down to the frame and replaced the cab and box with clean southern parts, swapped the engine, front clip, interior, and doors from a '91 suburban, and an '87 700r4 trans.

Here are my plans for it. First things first, remove that topper!! beyond that, I've got some 15x7 steelies that I'm painting white and slapping some dog dishes on, some new tires, swap the Chevy grill for a GMC, and drop her down about 6 inches or so

One thing I would REALLY like to do is swap the ugly power plastic mirrors for some dumbos, and I'm wondering if the old mounting holes would get covered by the dumbos or not... Oh well I'll probably hit the JY with a tape measure and figure it out sooner or later. I also want to swap the 4-spoke steering wheel for an older 2-spoke, and swap the buckets and console for a bench.

My whole vision for this truck is to give it a kind of heavy-duty work truck feel, while still being comfortable every day, and of course, standing out from the crowd. Not to mention keeping it lighter to help with the awesome fuel economy these old diesels are known for.

This thread will serve the purpose of documenting my project, and hopefully helping me out where I usually need it, in the motivation department.

Stay tuned.......................................

Pick two.
jonvo4591 is offline   Reply With Quote