The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #1
Bchain

A new truck & how low is it?

Well I've been lurking on this forum for about two years now while working on this truck. Really stinking amazing how much knowledge you guys have, I've been learning by osmosis just browsing around.

This is a 73 c10 stepside and it has a family story, at some point I will put together a build thread. Want to get a bit further on it first. Those threads are no good without a ton of pictures.

For now I have a question. The truck was lowered in the early 70's (heated springs in front, removed leafs with air shocks in back). I am in the middle of a full frame teardown and would like to replace the coil springs (am thinking I can get away without spindles, after all that's how it is done right now).

Figure some practiced eyes can look at this thing and tell me what springs I should order. Guessing 2" but would hate to get the wrong ones.

Tires are 295/50/15 if that helps. Old school hotrod. Can't see the front real well in the second pic but proves that she isn't covered in bird crap any more.

Brian
Attached Images

Bchain is offline   Reply With Quote