The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2013, 01:40 AM   #11
Dan in Pasadena

Re: My '59 Apache

I'm not sure I understand what you're explaining.

The bubbly stuff is the "radiant barrier", right? If it's the stuff I'm describing as coming from Home Depot I'm almost positive that you couldn't, ...put the radiant barrier up by itself. It's rigid enough that I didn't have to glue it and it stayed put.

I think it's too "floppy" for lack of a better word. Or when you wrote that did you mean the ABS sheet you're using as a headliner? When I looked at your photos I thought you'd installed a stock white rubber headliner. I THINK they came in white for the Cameos (?)

So you're saying that NOTHING you put up there is glued? What about the rubber around the edge? Mine is the stock black one and I've assumed all along I would have to glue it AND the stock headliner in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denee007 View Post
Hey Dan! Well, I didn't show one corner that needs some attention, not bad. I think I can trim the plastic headliner (yes, it's plastic ABS kind of stuff, but a little more flexible, but still somewhat rigid). My truck was painted already, inside and out, and the inner portion where I put the radiant barrier was clean. yes, it's the same bubbly aluminum looking stuff that you can buy in a roll at HOme depot/lowes, etc,. I cut it the same size as the headliner, then I put the radiant barrier up by itself. It's rigid enough that I didn't have to glue it and it stayed put. There is very little space between the headliner and the interior cab! Then I wrestled with the headliner and finally got it in. Before you would put the headliner, be sure your dome light wiring is up there already as it runs along the drivers side headliner area and the wiring goes down the post/window then exits under the dash. Luckily my wire to my dome light was still there, otherwise you'd have to devise a way to pull the wire through that same way. If you have any questions, I'm always around!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote