The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #11
bguild

Re: Project "Edna Marie"

So here is the start of cutting up the donor roof.

This is the underneath of the top roof I cut out.. Look at all that rust. This piece is going to the scraper.

This is how I plan to put the roof one the cab. I need to grind down some of these spot welded seems and get it all ready to be added to the cab. Its going to be a long journey but I thinkthis is the simplest way to do this. everything will be a spot weld seem to hold this one besides right below the window.

This is the rust that was above the front windsheild on the donor cab.. I only post this pic for people that might have this issue in their truck. I am scraping this piece from the donor cab.

Here is the back window from the donor cab ready. besides making my cut straighter below the window. I cut this area a little long due to the fact this will be a weld and the line up from this roof to my cab needs to be perfect. I want to get my cab ready before I make the final cut on this one.

Here is the inside close to being ready.. I still have to grind some of the pinch weld seams so they are ready to graph onto my cab.

Look at all this rust on the underneath of this roof. I will need to treat this with something as well as the inner roof on my cab.. I heard viniger and water works well to neutralize rust so it will probably be a wire brush followed by alot of vinegar then follow but a rust controling paint.

Also tools used- drill with spot weld bit, air chisel, angle grinder with cut off wheel and sawzall. Get ready for ton of spot welds to drill out.

Toys:
2014 Dodge Ram
1967 SHORTBED

Last edited by bguild; 04-20-2013 at 08:56 AM.
bguild is offline   Reply With Quote