The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #11
Kim57

Re: My 57 Pro Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Wow, you guys doing frame-offs blow me away. Where do you get the time for all these millions of steps large & small? I "intend" to blow my truck all apart for a final "detail" I guess I'd call it years from now when it's done JUST the way I want it mechanically, but realistically I worry that I'll have trouble staying motivated when I do. I retire in a few years and that one of my plans but you younger guys with kids, yards, etc... I just know I'd be off on tangents and it'd just gather dust.
Posted via Mobile Device
Younger guys?
I wish I was one of those. I'll be 59 in August.
I became disabled back in 1998 from a bad back which led to 2 operations and a fusion so that's where I get the time to work on mine. I can only put a few hours a day in before the pain gets to be too much but such is life.
As far as the millions of steps I try and break it down into manageable parts like a puzzle. I set certain goals and if something isn't going the way I want or I get frustrated with it I step away and go on to another part.
Now that I'm at the body work stage it will probably slow down some as I'm new at the details of getting a perfect panel. Welding in patches is one thing getting them perfect afterwards is something else.
And the truck is my only vice other than being on this site to get inspiration and encouragement from the other builders.
Kim