The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2013, 02:25 AM   #1
iehotrod

Finally after 25 YEARS !!! It's Mine!!!

After 25 long years of waiting for this day to come. My uncle who is and always has been my father figure to me has allowed me to get my hands his price possession.

He purchased it from texas as a custom built truck way back then. I had always drewed over this truck back then when I was 13 years old. When I was 15 I drove him and his family deep into mexico to visit family and drove back. At 15 he had already allowed me drive his bobtail truck and loved working summers with him. I got paid and I got to drive a big fricken truck. It was really cool to me.

So I am now 40 years old and after several years, hell decades of making myself clear that if he ever was going to sell the truck it had be to me no matter what. The truck has been parked in his garage for 14 long years. Many relatives and neighbors or driving by strangers would offer to purchase the truck and he would always say no LOL. Some people would offer like two times the value and he would replied "you dont have enough money to purchase it". He never budged Which makes even more proud to own today.

I went over there yesterday and began to dig into it. changed follwing items and still not ready to drive it yet.

New Water Pump, Thermostat, radaitor, heater and fuel hoses, filters, oil, spark plugs and wires, cap and rotor. Flushed out the cooling system. New Belts, and replaced the transmission fluid.

Things to do is figure out why I have transmission fluid in my coolant??

I also still need to the barkes and replaced those dried out tries and register it my name.

If anyone can please advise regarding the trans fluid in coolant please do.
Attached Images

1986 Chevy Silverado Short Bed
2004 Chevy Suburban-wifies ride
iehotrod is offline   Reply With Quote