The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2013, 04:06 AM   #1
Propane350

Replacement Roof Steel

Ok. So about four months after purchasing my new 68 longbed, I realize that there's a spot on the passenger's side, above the windshield, that's (properly done) bondo. Wanting to have none of this, I began poking around, only to realize that a soft ball size chunk of the steel is missing and in it's place, bondo. On top of that, the top of the windshield is being held in by what looks to be a concoction of JB weld, rust, dream dust and, you guessed it, bondo.

Not to put down the previous owner, The Great Bondini, but I believe in replacing steel with steel and if I have to, using leading, only as a polish job. Not as major reconstructive surgury.

Anyway, I've been able to find new stamps of every part of the upper cab, except for the inner roof skin.

Anybody know where I could did one of these up? Or should I just break down and find a donor roof?

I would just prefer to have all new clean steel so I know what I'm getting right off the bat.
Propane350 is offline   Reply With Quote