The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2013, 01:28 AM   #1
chevy72blu

Improving road feel at speed/tightening steering

I just got my truck back from getting an LS1/4l60e and the power combined with overdrive leaves me wanting to cruise faster than the 55-60 I used to run with a BBC and TH350 on 3.73's. Though I am not too concerned with racing any more, I would like to experience those high RPMs without my truck feeling like its going to "float" off the road.

I know that my entire front end needs to be rebuilt (looking at Moog kits from ECE), but what specifically translates into tighter steering (more like a modern vehicle) at 70+ MPH? I'm sure new bushings will go a long way as mine must be a good 20 years old.

My truck has a leaf rear and no sway bars front or rear. It has been lowered about 3" in the rear from removing overload springs and I plan on dropping the front 2" with spindles soon.

I am following the pro touring thread but I am not looking to take things anywhere near that far - just build a reliable cruiser that can road trip at 75-80 MPH safely + a few rips down the track every once in a while. I apologize for the noob questions, but I could find specifics in my search.

Thanks!

'72 C20 SWB convert. 5 lug, LS1/4l60e
chevy72blu is offline   Reply With Quote