The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
Lil Ape

Cant seem to stop annoying leak at rear of manifold.

So I keep getting a leak at the rear on my intake manifold, roughly at the rear middle of manifold, where the oil pressure switch is at. This is the third time this has happened since installing a new rpm air gap manifold. I've used new felpro gaskets and high temp gasket sealer every time I've had to remove the manifold. Also use proper tightening sequence and torque to specs. And it still happens. Its a constant stream When the rpms pick up. I've put a small bead of gasket material along the front and rear of the block like is recommended and just throw away the included black rubber gaskets. leak runs out the rear, then down the driver side of the bell housing and hits the header.

I'm thinking maybe I'm just not adding enough gasket material at the rear of the manifold. Or maybe I should use the included rubber gaskets and add some gasket material on top of that. Anybody have any recommendations before I attempt this again? I Don't think its leaking out of the threaded hole for the oil pressure switch.
Lil Ape is offline   Reply With Quote