The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
t300

first c10. heck, first domestic project ever.

Finally picked up my first old chevy. I bought it mainly because of the patina, this truck ain't getting painted for nobody, no matter what. Its a 1970 c10 lwb, 350 auto. I'm assuming 350, haven't taken a close look yet. Plans to put in a 5.3 or 6.0 with EFI (I hate carbs) so I didn't pay much attention to the engine. My first questions

What I would like to do is lower it, fix the non functional drum brakes and drive it for the summer, then engine/trans swap in winter. However I still want ability to fill the box with dirt, tow a trailer, etc. "trailer' being anything from small tent trailer to a car hauler with small car on it. I'm thinking a 2.5/4 static drop at most. Problem is if I go to discs in order to 'fix' the brakes (either a disc kit or a find a 73-87 front end), I don't think these rims will fit over the brakes, and then I may as well go 5lug because I'll be forced to buy new rims, and I really like the looks of 18" Boss 338's

So looking for some advice here.
Priority 1 - get working brakes. (soft lines and hard lines all need replacing, parking brake cables missing, haven't had the wheels off yet to inspect the drum guts)
Priority 2 - lower it, probably 2.5/4 (spindles in front, lowering springs in back)
Priority 3 - 18" Boss 338's
Priority 4 - LSx /auto swap of some type

Any advice for a euro/import guy who finally has a domestic product?

Also, is it possible to look up the option sheet from the VIN? the option sheet has been completely rubbed off.

thanks
Matt
Attached Images

t300 is offline   Reply With Quote