The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
65'RustBucket

Monojet Float/Rebuild ?s

Hey guys!

Lovin' the rustbucket, hating the monojet (and whoever mangled the rest of these 'repair jobs' before me...)! It leaks out of the bottom of the float bowl at/near the linkage for the power arm? and that other little arm it connects to to open the jet. This leakage occurs right away, not a slow leak, but rather, a downpour almost as soon as I crank it over/as soon as gas enters the bowl. I don't know whether I put it together wrong or if I have not adjusted the float correctly... Either way it's frustrating as hell... Any suggestions?

*Side*
It's been running rough (eg not firing on all cylinders *fixed that* then running smooth when given gas but crappy when lifting off gas, idle is rough but okay) so I've been giving the ol' gal a much needed tune up (replaced the entire ignition system besides the dizzy and filters and such). In the process I figured I would open up the carb, clean it out, and replace tired looking gaskets... Then this headache.
Posted via Mobile Device
65'RustBucket is offline   Reply With Quote