The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
downbytheriver

5.3 Turbo swap 68 Stepside C10-Project Sky Dogggg maannnnn

Picked the truck up from Hotlanta, so I figured it'd need a fitting name.

I bought this old girl last weekend, and drove it from South of Atlanta to Jacksonville, FL. Well...I drove it all the way to I-10, and the two truck driver took it to Jacksonville It overheated due to a hose "failure", aka a bent hose connecting the heater core sides of the water pump. Yikes. Hagerty insurance took care of the roadside pretty quickly. Nothing like getting on I-75 in ATL the first time you've driven one of these old trucks. Talk about a little pucker!

Anyway, the truck is a 68 c10 that's been in one family for the last 30 years. It's been pretty well maintained, but it's definitely been painted, once white and then once red I believe. The pictures look wayyyy better than it does in person. It'll need lots of body work, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

The idea behind this truck to do a rolling project whenever possible. I'd like to enjoy this truck on weekends, etc. and still do things the right way. Any advice that anyone has when it comes to that or anything else is much appreciated. I'll be starting off by giving her a tune up this weekend and trying to get rid of some parts to get it into my garage, where the real fun will begin.

The 5.3w/4l60e that a friend scored for $450! Still needs finishing, when it's on the frame.

ECE suspension drop kit, adjustable track bar, brake kit with 6 lug rotos etc.

Austin loves riding in the Audi, but isn't too sure of what to think about the giant beast in the driveway...he'll come around. On the way to the dog park tonight, he sat basically in my damn lap. On the way from the park, he had his face buried into the wind outside.

downbytheriver is offline   Reply With Quote