The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
dakattack7

First timer, new comer and need purchase advice. 69 cst lb

Hello all, my name is Dakota and this is my first post. Ive been lurking and learning about these trucks for about 6 months on here. I've been into chevy trucks since i was very young, so now that it is time for my first vehicle and I'm privilaged enough to get a choice, I've been looking for a second gen c10. I want power steering, power brakes, and ac. I'd also prefer a truck with trim so a CST or cheyenne would be the best, and original paint. I like most shortbeds and some longbeds, this is one of those. It is a 69 CST with a 91 suburban 350 and a brand new, 500 miles on it gm 700 tranny with overdrive! Power steering and brakes, and "ac" (Ill get to this later) The truck is very mechanically sound, and drives wonderful. Drives like a new truck. only some slight column play. There is only some small interior fixes. It has a perfect stance with new tires and nice rallys. Barely any rust at all, western truck. There is only one problem, the ac. It seems to be out of a 72, as a middle vent was installed. So the dash is cut there. It also does not blow cold air. It seems to blow fine, but not cold air. I know there is a few easy fixes that could cause that like the cowl vent opening or the heater lever or what not. didnt really check those things. There is also a tube hanging out and I believe it is the ac system under the dash, there is more of it showing then should be I believe. The dash is also cut for a sterio, along with the doors for speakers. So basically everything is mechanically sound, has had a lot invested in the transmission alone, and needs no body work. But, how much will it be to return the ac to looking factory and working properly? I also wanted to do the work on my truck, but i don't have experience so this would probably be a better option, and i can save up for a project shortbed in a year or two. Please let me know what you think, the truck is $6500 but ive worked the price down to under 6. Is it worth it? Good canidate to daily and fix up? Too much work to return the dash and ac to original? I think it is nicer then any I've seen on craigslist for my price range, and i was in love with how it drives! I'll have a summer job and 5 months until i get my license to work on it too, keep that in mind. Any tips, comments or opinions are welcome! Pictures below

The original paint also looks better in real life.

The spid is hard to read, is air conditioning listed? I think it is, on the right but im not sure.

What do you think? Thanks!
dakattack7 is offline   Reply With Quote