The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
82swb

64 Porterbuilt Project "Lola"

Well, Sold my square a couple months ago because I was fiending for a 63-66. Spent a month or so looking for the right truck, rust free, SWB, fleetside, bbw. The truck I ended up purchasing was a rust free, swb, fleetside, sbw..Three out of four ain't bad! The truck had been completely torn apart 5 years ago for a full frame off restoration. The bed has been body worked and is straight as an arrow, no bondo either! The front sheet metal pieces including the hood have as been straightened and are in primer. The cab is the only part that hasn't had body work done to it. My plans are a Pancake crossmember, porterbuilt forward arms (already ordered) They will be ready next week! Mcgaughy's 2.5" drop spindles and 5x5 lug disc brake kit (also already ordered and will be here on tuesday). For the rear I am going to basically get a rear dropmember but im going to buy this piece by piece. I ordered a rear extreme notch along with my arms so those will be ready next week as well. As far as paint goes I will be doing a white and turquoise two tone. The truck was not a custom cab when i bought it but i love custom trim so i will be turning this into a custom cab truck. The truck came with a 327 out of a 64 corvette and it was recently rebuilt so it will be staying. I will be purchasing a 700r4 trans but that will be down the road. I am a poor college student who is about to get married in september so this will be a slower build for now until we get settled. Enough of my rambling here are some pictures.
Attached Images

82swb is offline   Reply With Quote