The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #1
camrycurt

Where to find air cleaner support bracket for a Rochester model BV carb?

Hey guys,

I'd like to put the stock air cleaner back on my truck, but both model BV carbs that I have are missing the air cleaner support bracket that I circled in red in the attached picture. I have no idea why two different POs would remove that piece but evidently neither one liked it much.

Does anyone know a supplier that sells these? I found this one at QuadrajetParts.com http://quadrajetparts.com/rochester-...01-p-1020.html and two similar choices through Walker Products but all of the ones I found appear to screw on to the top of the carb whereas the stock bracket in the picture (the same as the two carbs I have) seems to twist into a slot in the side of the carb and is held in place by two pins. I think to fit correctly I need to find the stock piece.

I know it's a long shot, but thanks for any thoughts on where to find one of these. I'm thinking I should post over in the 60-66 forums because there's probably more Rochester B guys over there.

I'm guessing this will probably be something I'll need to fab up myself or get used off the parts boards.

Thanks for the help!
Attached Images

1970 C/10, 250 L6 with Rochester BV carb, SM465 4 speed, 3.73 open rear
camrycurt is offline   Reply With Quote