The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
65Ch3v3LL3

47-54 1 ton truck owners, I need 9' bed measurements!

Hey guys. I'm new on the board here. I just purchased a 52 GMC 1 ton truck but it just has a flat bed on the back. I know you can't order reproduction 9' bed sides so I'm planning on building my own. I can order the stake pockets individually and everything else seems to be the same or close enough on the regular beds. What I need is some measurements from those of you that have a 9' bed. I've looked around and just can't seem to find one of these for sale or even anyone that has one so if you can help me out that would be great. So what I need are the following:
  1. Total length of bed side
  2. Measurements for the center of the 4 stake pocket holes starting from the cab side working back to the tailgate
  3. Height of the bedside, from bottom to the bend. I think this is the same as the regular beds but just in case

What I plan on doing is just shearing and bending some 14gauge steel for the sides. I'll add the curved edge with some pipe welded on. Then it should just be a matter of adding the stake pockets, cutting the pocket holes, cutting the fender holes, and then assembling the bed.

So if you can help me out that would be great. I'm currently working in Afghanistan so I can't really get out there and make any measurements, but I would like to get parts on the way so that when I get home I'm ready to get this thing going.

Plans for the truck right now call for a 14 bolt rear from a 3/4 ton truck, Duramax and Allison transmission, and possibly grafting the 3/4 ton IFS onto the stock frame but that's going to take a bit more research. I'm picking up a 05 2500HD as a donor.

Tim

Last edited by 65Ch3v3LL3; 05-14-2013 at 12:14 PM.
65Ch3v3LL3 is offline   Reply With Quote