The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2003, 02:40 AM   #1
dinnut

truck still not turning off

today i went out and started the truck tightened down the motor mounts with some wrenches a friend brought over and drove it. got it up to about 60 on a small back road by my house and it runs great. truck still is not inspected and no insurance. then we pulled the the rear left wheel off to check the shoes and see how much was left. not very much. probably why my e-brake doesnt work. its the only wheel with a phillips head screw on the cover. rest have locks that i dont have the key to. and i started to play around with some of the ideas. I KNOW the truck needs a new wiring harness and that the wiring is horrible. someone mentioned that if the key is off the windshield wipers wont work. so i decided to try it. i turned it on turned the key off and turned the windshield wiper switch on. they dont come on but it kills the engine... truck only started to not turn off after i tuned it up. i think the hei is not wired properly

btw i have another background on the way