The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
BurnoutNova

Wiring harness question

A couple months ago I bought a 1985 D30, or a M1008 CUCV pickup. It is in pretty good shape, just a very small amount of rust on the bed. The previous owner used it for pulling a big goose neck trailer around his farm, so it very rarely saw public roads. He had a 454 put in at the local repair shop, and it just has one alternator and battery now.

My issue is the taillights, dash lights, blower motor, radio, etc all seem to have issues. I think it has something to do with this "blackout" light system it has.

I would like to just remove the entire in cab harness, and replace it with a standard pickup harness. Another reason is because it has a wild looking dash cluster, with no gauges for water temp, oil pressure, etc.

Has anyone here done that, and if so what other surprises ere there when you swapped the harness? I plan on re using the front clip harness and the rear harness if I can, but maybe I should just gut the whole truck and put a painless harness in?
BurnoutNova is offline   Reply With Quote