The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2013, 11:42 PM   #11
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Got tired of welding pipe and laying under the truck. Decided to work on the seats and speaker brackets instead.

On the speaker bracket I decided to go with riv-nuts to bolt them in. But I don't have riv-nuts or the tool to install them, so I picked that stuff up tonight. Tomorrow I will be able to get them mocked up and maybe even painted up to look OK. The speakers and stereo head unit were delivered today also. The speakers take a real narrow spade terminal end which I don't have and neither do the local stores, so it looks like I will have to go to Mankato to find that.

I pulled the seat out of the cab, then set the new one in place. Not thrilled with how far forward the mount brackets are, but I can work with it. One complaint I had with the old seat was that it was too high and I was looking through the tinted part of the windshield all of the time, and having to duck and weave to see around the mirror. The new seat was pretty much at the same level, so I chose to lower it 1". With this style of bracket it's not too difficult. The driver side is welded back up. The passenger side has the front parts cut. Will finish that up tomorrow too I think.

Just sitting in place, unbolted.

The bracket mounts...

The bottom will fold forward under the tilt wheel. I don't know if it would without the tilt.

I want to get all this stuff (exhaust, seats, stereo) done by Sunday night. I want a day or 2 of driving again before I take it on the road trip.
hgs_notes is online now   Reply With Quote