The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
dirtracer81_2

problems with ez chassis mount kit 81 2wd frame

Here is reasons i wasn't satisfied with my kit!!!
Absolutely no instructions and if you try calling them good luck. I left messages and everything for weeks before I bought mine.

Problems with it.
Cab mounts were great. Radiator support only has one bolt hole you drill the other im guessing when your lined up. I was told you use the chevy pedal and booster that's a lie wont clear the colum. My plate for firewall hood hinge holes had to be cut out some more were an inch or so low.
Bumper brackets are definlately a joke you have to cut the front frame off and drill your own holes. Basically better to start with stock ones.

Things i learned from a fellow friend. Front crossmenber has to be trimmed alot to clear radiator. Also had firewall alignment problems. Comes with steering shafts but no u joints to connect them for van column.

Here's some more things i ran into today. After clearancing my inner fenders i find out the the ez chassis radiator support mount is hitting the steering Box.

It really makes no sense to have wasted that money on something that was not bolt on. Would have made me feel much better if it had instructions saying hey cut this and that.
Posted via Mobile Device
dirtracer81_2 is offline   Reply With Quote