The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2013, 06:18 AM   #1
Dodger

Aussie Rego inspection - Fail - but not that bad!

Took the 50 in for its rego inspection after weeks of work and lots of money spent getting it ready.

Failed but only on pretty minor things, so within the month she should be on the road!

You US guys have got it good I reckon as Regulations are full on and inspectors are very picky.

Had a heart attack after he checked the old US title, the Australian importation approval document and then checked the ID plate against the numbers. Both documents have the last ID number listed as an 8 and the last number stamped on the plate is a 9. Thought I was stuffed but after some computer checks and phone calls, seems like a typo on the documents that has just continued along the line. Bit of computer work and all fixed. Phew, could have been a disaster! Can't believe I missed that.

The Transport Dept have now updated the system with the correct number and the rego papers when issued will read correctly. All good on that front!

Other than that I need to:

Get a passenger side mirror

Plug all the firewall holes with grommets

Move my tail lights further back as they can't be seen at the required angle from behind. They are a little far forward.

Fit a fly wheel guard.

Get it weighed on an official weighbridge (our rego fees are based on weight of vehicle)

Stamp an engine number on the block (they allocate the number)

And, the hardest one - fit new king pins as there is a little too much movement.

All up, very happy as no engineers report required for V8 and no collapsible steering column required as is sometimes the case.

Apart from the king pins, very easy fixes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote