The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2013, 03:21 AM   #1
Truck Guy99

What older truck bodies will be easiest to put on a square?

I would like to see everybody's opinions and ideas for this. I have been looking on the old interweb and there are TONS of old square bodies duallys with big blocks within2-3 hours of me with nice running gear. Some of them recently rebuilt under the hood. I have found several with fairly good bodies for $2500 or less with titles. My neighbor has several old trucks from the 40s-50s. I was thinking about putting a square and one of these truck bodies together. I was wondering if anyone knew of any particular year range, make, and model of trucks from the 40s-50s that is relatively close in size that would be less challenging to make mounts for. I want to temporarily run a cab and chassis setup until a flat bed could be arranged. And for those of you wondering, I would like something I can tow with and drive often with power brakes, power steering, and the capability of highway speeds. Old truck bodies are everywhere around here but finding a complete one with a trustworthy frame is another story.
Posted via Mobile Device