The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #1
Southern Shaker
Account Suspended

70's Retro Phantom Dually build (with the ol Man)

Hey yall'

Now This is a Project im building with my Grandpa (ol man). He wanted to help me Work on my trucks a few days back. we got to talkin about how it was back when he was a kid like me and we got into projects he's tried to do. he told me about his 57' bel air his father sold after the carb caught fire for 50$. Then he ask what my plans were for my other C-dime i had . I Told him i didnt really know. So To shorten this story up He wants to Build a Project to see what its like before the good lord calls him home. Im happy to have a Project with him since my father wasnt around the first 17 years of my life. So I put my truck on the table. Here is the Begining of the Story of our Phantom dually 70's Flash back pick up build haha.

The truck: 1971' Chevorlet Custom 10 , sbc 350/tbh 350 , 3.73 posi trac rear end. Front clip ,frame and bed are from a 69' donor Cst. This is my first truck.

Plans: 6.0 lq9, l480e combo (sorry if i got the transmission wrong)
porterbilt mild front drop member and stage 2 deluxe rear kit
Custom dually bedsides with 22x15's tucked in nicely
20x8.5's up front
Paint is still being thought of but its defenatly gonna be retro.

Well guys Lets see Where this goes hope to hear yalls feedback and help ...i know we'll need alot of help. Thanks guys Hope to Surprise yall!

Truck as it sits right now:

Southern Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote