The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2013, 02:07 AM   #1
PushnFords

Looking at a '54 GMC project...comments?

The story I have on this truck was it sat in a barn for years. The current owner pulled it out & soaked the engine for two years to get it free. He had it running & driving for a few years after that but the fuel pump & brakes are currently out. He is asking $1500 for this & an earlier Chevy that is back in the trees. I haven't seen the Chevy...and he doesn't seem too excited about cutting down the trees to be able to get it out. I guess the Chevy is missing the rear axle & other stuff. I may just try to get the GMC by itself & tell him to call me when he drags the Chevy out...or offer to help.

There is rust in the cab corners, driver's sill plate area, inside bottoms of both doors, and the bed is beat up. My plans for it would be to redo the drivetrain & interior, metal finish the bed & fenders, & leave as much of the blue paint as possible. Not sure what I'd do for paint/primer on the metal worked areas yet.

So...comments on cost, condition, etc?

PushnFords is offline   Reply With Quote