The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2013, 12:55 AM   #11
Stepside Jim

Re: 1957 Chevy truck re-rebuild

_Ogre, ahhhhh, I like those hooks. Gladyou like the shop, I don't remember letting it get this messy, I've been creating so much dust I refuse to clean it til I'm passed the heavy dust stage of the build.

Baldeagle SR, it's a learning curve, good thing you found another hood at a good price. I destroyed my first hood, it was for a Chevy Nova, that was back in the early 80's.

More pics tonight...

Sometime back in the early 80's this truck and a front clip installed. I've been told it was from an el-camino, I'd like to find numbers or something to identify it.

It looks like it's not the first one they've done, I like how they blended the frames together, and when my dad took it in for an alignment, it checked out ok and the shims in the alignment are only the midlle of adjustment.

My only issue is a cosmetic look to a couple areas, there's no time like the present to get at it.

My first area is to get rid of the 90 degree look at the end of the front frame.

Gotta love the sandblaster. I first cut the weld that attached the 90 to the front frame. The 90 came out about 3/16" beyond the frame and made a good weld zone. I want to get the 90 degree lower than the front frame and create a 1/8" gap. The gap is going to give me a great way to get deep penetration on the reweld.

More to follow.
Stepside Jim is offline   Reply With Quote