The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
Getthatmoose

new to forum/rebuild ideas

Hello everyone, I am Chris from Chino, Ca i am a new member, been following the site for a while, and decided to share, and get opinions on my truck in what I should do. I love the 67-72 short beds and i have had alot of two wheel drives, but about five years ago at a local car swap meet i came across this 4x4, gave the guy a low ball offer and got it! I love the truck it was clean when i got it, bought it from the second owner, and he had done alot of work but it needed little things to make it to my liking. i put the stainless around the windows and all the tail gate trim, had to dial the motor in,put tilt in it , and i basicly drive it everywhere around town and get lots of looks. for the last year the motor had a bad knock, so the point im at now is i tore it apart powdercoated the frame and tons of other parts and have the back end back together, just got the motor back and ordered vintage air for it, i also mounted kodiak steps, and bought just for looks off craigs list some fox resivoir shocks. I dont wanna change a whole lot on the truck i like its the second owner, not a drop of rust,just a clean truck, and the debate im in now is 700r4 or not? Like i said i just drive it local very rarely take it on the fwy. is it worth putting it in ? Im also debating getting it together and selling it and my nova I think a dream vehicle i want is a crewcab short bed 72 i would love to build one, let me know what you think, and i will post progress as i go, im waiting on the air to come in and i ordered all stainless brake lines, and my exhaust to come back from being jet hot coated, so i got time to clean up and paint some other parts. I am excited to hear your thoughts and share
Attached Images

Getthatmoose is offline   Reply With Quote