The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2013, 11:09 PM   #1
jmking9

Does this sound like vapor lock?

I have been driving my truck with a rubber fuel line running from the pump to the carb. Absolutely no problems, starts right up and ran great. Yesterday I built a new line using -6AN line from the pump to the carb with a billet filter in the middle. Once I was done, I started it and let it run for a while. Started right up and no leaks. So this evening It starts fine and I drive about 15 min to where I was going then shut it off. After about 30 min I get in to leave and it wont start. I have to hold the gas pedal to the floor to get it to start. Once it starts, it runs fine. It will also start right back up once you shut it off. What would changing the fuel line do to cause this. It's routed in the same spot as the old rubber line was. It's cooler here than it has been in the last few weeks, so it's not that its hotter. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm confused.