The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2003, 12:31 PM   #1
chucks70

Friend killed

Last Friday a childhood friend of mine was killed in a motorcycle accident. I didn't know any details of the accident until yesterday.
Apparently this took place around dusk and he and a buddy were riding their Harleys around Waynesburg PA on I-79. I'm not sure if they were coming off ramp or not but an 18 wheeler hit my friend and ran over him with the front tires. Then two other cars also ran him over. None of these people stopped. Another lady who happened to be a nurse stopped but there wasn't anything to do. The other rider was in such shock he couldn't remember what type of cars, license plates or hardly any details. I hope these people step forward. Maybe they thought they hit a deer or something, maybe they are afraid. I had taken many bike trips with this friend in the past and he was always an extra careful rider (unlike me at the time). If you ride a bike be careful and watch out for the other drivers on the road. If you hit something don't assume it was nothing, check it out. This friend left behind a wife and two girls, one a freshman and one a senior. He will be missed.