The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
Denee007

Wheels n Tires ideas?

Good morning! Today is going to be fun! I'm going to drive my truck here and there to get used to it! It's actually more fun to drive than my 67 Mustang! The 350 sbc engine really makes the truck go and sounds great with the magnaflow mufflers! My husband and I are going to discount tires this afternoon to look in their catalogues at wheels! I'm a little leery of the old tires on it right now to go very far.

Actually, the front wheels which are American Racing on the are in very good shape, but the rear for some reason are oxidized and look horrible. So if discount tires has those same wheels in a 5" lug pattern, I could do that, but I'd rather go with a something else all together~ plus keeping in mind my rear wheels are 5" and the fronts are 4.75" If we did go the lesser expensive route of using the existing wheels, I suppose I could just try to clean the oxidation better and get new center caps if they're available. That would definitely save a few hundred bucks.

I was thinking Cragar SS like I have on my Mustang, cause that's all I really know. I was at the Nifty50ees this past Saturday, and there were a few trucks there, but their wheels were the 17's with the thin tires and very very chrome wheels. I guess figuring out the size of the tires too is something I don't know~ what would look good?

What would you do?

67 Ford Mustang (re-restored after Harvey)
1968 Jeep Cj5 (2-8-2020 to present)
1992 Jeep Yj (8-17-20 to present) (Jurassic build)

www.Classiccarsandtools.com
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote