The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #11
McCoyAZ

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Stood in line at the DMV for 1.5 hours with the idea I could put an original 1964 Arizona license plate on my truck instead of the silk screen style of the modern plate.

Got to the lady at the counter and she said" that plate is too old, you can't use it"

Normally I would have ripped her head off right on the spot, but I said in a very calm voice that I thought she was mistaken and maybe she should ask someone else.

She looks over at the lady sitting next to her and was told...."yeah, I think it's too old so NO he can't register that plate.

Now I am not a patient man and my frustration was starting to show but instead I told them that I was positive that they were wrong and that I would just go home and do the registration on-line.

I searched for what I needed on the computer, filled out their form, downloaded the instructions and the fee schedule and had to drive back to the DMV. I explained to the receptionist that I had been there that morning and already waited an hour and a half only to receive the wrong information and that I was not willing to wait again.....

To my surprise she took me directly to another clerk who had to call a different clerk because she had never done an antique plate before. Every time she got to a new question on the form she had to call. I asked her if it wouldn't be easier to have the person she was calling just do it and that way I wouldn't spend another 1.5 hours while she figured out how to do this.......good idea, she said.

Anyway, it got taken care of and for the next 5 years I have an original '64 Arizona plate. Just cost me $135.00 in fees and the $2.00 I paid for the plate at a yardsale.