The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #1
Cheezer_72

Coolant out of exhaust

So I have owned my truck (72' swb, 350 sb, 700r) for a couple of months now. I recently had a head gasket go bad on it, the passenger side. Oh ya, I better mention this, this is my first classic truck and I only know the basics of being a mechanic; with the help of some friends we removed the heads, took them to get checked for cracks, and to get cleaned. They both came back good, I ordered all new gaskets, spark plugs and all the little things I could update or maitianance. We finished putting everything back together today, and it started right up after a couple of tweaks of the timing. Then we noticed coolant coming out of the exhaust ( a lot of coolant, spraying out!), we checked everything on, around and under the engine before we started taking out spark plugs to check them for any coolant, but nothing, we even left one out at a time and cranked the engine to see if fluid would come out, again nothing. I am afraid the gasket got damanged will installing it or I don't know. I'm looking for some suggestions that I can do before I go taking it apart again to check the gasket.

Thanks for the help...
Louie
Posted via Mobile Device
Cheezer_72 is offline   Reply With Quote