The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
MrBlue

A Truck's Price

This is more of a What-the-heck!
Driving by the local car dealer and spy a green 68 c-10. Didn't have time to stop. The next time I drive by the truck is sitting on the front line with a $18,000 price on the WS. Really?
So my son and I stop today after church. The truck is a 68" with a 292 I-6 on 6-lug wheels. No other options that we could see. It looks to be all most all original, except that someone has replaced the rockers and cab corners, and not a good job as you can see welds were they should by none. Bed has been off recently and has a square tube rear bumper. Body looks to have been painted with a "flat" green, kinda close to original. Maybe to hide the poor body work?
Well my son works there part time when he is home from college. So he texts the owner to ask about the truck. It is on the lot as a consignment for someone. And yes, they really want $18,000!
We are thinking that this is maybe $2000 truck. But then again for the right person/buyer, who knows?
MrBlue is offline   Reply With Quote