The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2013, 02:37 AM   #1
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

I think I may have finally found "the one"!

I have finally found a keeper I think. I picked up a sweet '68 SWB this Sat. from JQ-72. I had been thinking about selling my '70 SWB BB truck and finding myself a nice 67 or 68 that I could make my own for a while now. Joshua messaged me few months back about selling my truck, and it just so happened that he had acquired a nice, clean, all original '68 SWB. We talked and talked and talked some more until we finally reached a deal. I hate to have got rid of a such a rare truck truck, but I didn't have the time, parts, or resources to give the '70 a proper restoration. It is in good hands with Joshua, and I can't wait to see what he does with it.

As for this little '68, it is the truck I have been looking for a long time. It is a nearly all original, 1 family owned, 88,000 mile truck. It still has the Protect-O-Plate, and factory window sticker. It runs and drives like a new one. It is not perfect, but it has the best body of any truck I've had. The floors, roof, rockers, and cowl are perfect. It is a few tiny spots on the cab corners, but otherwise has the cab you dream to find. The door skins are great, but has some typical rust under the bottom where most of the rust. The bed floor is nearly perfect. It has only a few small dings I can find, and zero rust. This original family that owned it had the truck stored under a lean to shed, and the building that it was attached to caught on fire. It bubbled the paint on the R bed side, tailgate, cab corner, a little bit on the door. The bedside sustained a little bit of warpage, but seems that everything else is OK. I think I can fix the bedside, but if not, I'll buy a bedside for it. They shot some rattlecan primer on it to keep it from rusting. Other than that, there is a small dent on LH fender, but the rest of the body is super straight and clean.

My plans after our vacation is to jump on the body first of all. The old 250 runs like a dream, so I'm in no major rush to swap it out. I just want to get it painted and start enjoying driving it. I have already put over 200 miles on it this weekend, but I want the paint to look the rest of the truck. I have a nice pair of buddy buckets that I am going to have covered for it, and I have a power steering and power brake set-up that is going on it. I have always loved the Lt Blue and white trucks, so I will definitely be sticking with original color. Here's a few pics of it:

I popped some different hubcaps on it. They are not correct, but look fairly close to the original 67 - 68 caps.

My oldest daughter has already tried to claim it. She says that the Lt Blue is "the prettiest color on a truck EVER!!!" -lol

'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote