The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
jus2qwk

Need Ideas.. thinking about going a new direction.

So about 8 months ago the harmonic balancer on my truck decided it didn't want to be in one piece anymore, long story short I ended up with everything on the front of the engine destroyed and an nice little hole through the hood and a good sized dent in the fender. fast forward to now not a lot of progress has been made, Ive been pretty burnt out on the truck and not worked on it much considering the time its been down. and well me being me I decided to take the whole truck apart and fix every little dent and ding on it. I also cant stand the thought of putting this truck back together and it be the pretty much the exact same thing as it was before.

what I need idea on are how to make it different. I kinda want to do a mix of pro-touring and pro-street, here are my ideas

interior- seat/door panels/ dash pad- well be taken to an upholstery shop for a custom leather seat and interior but idk if I want to change from black to red... opinions need

Paint- will be the same

motor- will be the same, maybe cleaned up a bit, new valve covers ect.

wheels- no clue really but I want to at run a 295 or 305 tire in the rear, I also wanna stay with 18s and 20 or go 20s all the way around

bed- with the wider wheels I'm gonna have to tub it,I think ill cut up a set of fleetside tubs and make small 6in tubs, open to suggestion on this

wood- Ill be doing a black walnut floor. maybe do a slat on a hinge to hide the fuel tank... may need help with that

suspension- c-notch is done. I need a new adjustable track bar, would like to do tubular control arms, swaybars, rear disk brakes and also wanna drop the back down a little more. I also am thinking about narroring the rear end to get a little more lip on the wheels

any of you guys have suggestions on what parts I need to use or other things I should change

here is the truck as it was before

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/1103c...chevrolet-c10/
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=598758
jus2qwk is offline   Reply With Quote