The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2013, 10:20 PM   #1
Chrome8

Road TRIP! Headed west after a 69 GMC

I've been a board member for quite a while but I got away from the hobby when I sold my 72 2WD LWB after getting rear ended at a stop light in it back in 06-07. I've been lurking the last year or so when I got the itch to buy another truck. I've been looking high and low for a nice truck in original paint that wasn't rusty. About a year ago I had one pinned down that I found in Wyoming but right before I pulled the trigger some family problems came up and had to drop the idea on the spot. I work for my dad at his Chevrolet Buick dealership and always have since high school, I started in the shop doing light duty work, brakes, exhaust and oil changes and cleaning. Eventually, I moved up to sales then management but I have always had an appreciation for what goes on in the back. One of our Techs can take credit for getting me into 67-72 trucks, Chad has built a 70 K10 from the ground up and owned many others. He shares that 67-72 maniac bug that many of us have caught long ago. He's been with us for 15 years and has become a good friend and a great ear over the years. We've been talking about building a shop truck for like 10 years, how to do this and that and the other with a hypothetical rust free truck that I would find some day, so we can have the coolest truck to plow snow and run after parts and such. So to make a long story longer, I was back chatting with him about the truck that got away about a year ago....the 69 GMC 2WD in original paint that appeared to be rust free from the 45 pictures that the owner sent to my iPhone. He says "text them, what the hell you got to lose"? Well, I texted them back and BOOM they are just getting ready to advertise it again to try to sell it. We were pretty floored by this, I couldn't believe they still had it! So off we go on a "ROADIE", Chads coming with me to drive 15 hours out to wyoming to pick up the truck with the dealership's flatbed car hauler we use for Dealer Trades. I am going to grab a used Duramax truck off the lot to pull it with. We leave on Friday afternoon but if the shop slows down we can sneak out a little earlier. Wooo HOO Road trip, I'm excited to see the truck in person and look it over. We have big plans for the truck and I've already started finding some of the parts we need, this will be an evening and weekend project that any of the guys that work for me can help with if they choose. I'm buying all the parts. Chad will be the gate keeper of the keys when it's done. If I'm not driving it of course!
Attached Images

Chrome8 is offline   Reply With Quote