The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
'65 chevy lover

Water pump pulley out of line

Hello again. Been working on my '65 c10. Have replaced A-arm bushings, ball jts and tie rod ends. Installed disc brakes on the front with drilled and sloted rotors with wilwood calipers. Got ready to put on the power steering pump by putting the belt back on the alternator and, discovered that the pulley on the water pump is out of line with the alternator and the harmonic bal. I put a straight edge across the alt pulley to water pump. Looks around 1/4". I replaced the water pump when I first got it but, I didn't put the belt back on the alternator and, still havn't started it up. I'm pretty sure this is the only way I can put the pulleys on the water pump ( could I have somehow got the wrong water pump?) Also looks like there wil be a clearance problem with the body of the p/s pump and the belt for the alternator. I also have a question about how the alternator is mounted. I plan on putting headers on the truck and I'm pretty sure there will have to be a bracket or something to relocate the mount. Sorry for being so long winded! Thanks in advance for any help.
Thanks,
Bill
Attached Images

'65 chevy lover is offline   Reply With Quote