The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2013, 04:00 AM   #11
msaintg

Re: 1947 S10 4x4 Blazer swap

week 77 - Didn't do to much on the truck this week.... except drive it all around town. I am very pleased with the performance. I still have a few things to finish up, like fan shroud and get the drivers door to close better (adding the weather stripping made closing it VERY hard). I was able to clean up the last bit of the wiring mess on the firewall (here are before and after pics). All I have to do now on the wiring is figure out how the knob on the headlight switch comes off so I can mount the switch (looks like an allen head screw down deep in the knob, but I don't have any allen wrenches the right size to fit it) Oh well, until then, I will just drive it!

Oh ya, I took care of the headlight issue by taking out the daytime running lights relay and just grounding the headlight wire. I never liked the daytime running lights anyway....... and the new drive shaft DID fix my vibration issue.
Attached Images

msaintg is offline   Reply With Quote