The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #11
Denee007

Re: My '59 Apache

Now, this is a nice story, but with the typical ending of how the computer age is turning the younger humans into idiot savants, knowing how to do one thing very well, Iphoneitis, computeritis, etc. But your region of the world sounds heavenly~ Gods country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubie View Post
i can relate lady. In 2005 we moved to a large city thinking it would be good for a change of scenery, change of pace. Boy was it a change. The kids didn't adjust well, they fell into the same life as other city kids, glued to a tv, cell phone etc..... After 3 years of that nonsense, we moved back to our small home town and decided to slow things down a bit. We bought a nice piece of land, built a new home and shop, bought 4 used snow mobiles so we could enjoy some of the long winters, got the ski boat tuned up and got back into wrenching on trucks. We don't have a source of TV running to the house so if the kids want to watch something, they find it online or go to a friends house. But in reality, they don't even miss not having it. We're a 2 minute walk away from a beach on a beautiful fresh water lake where we fall asleep on summer evening to the call from the loons. My son spends his summers down there hanging with friends and swimming all day long. They are able to do whatever they please as far as recreation goes, except fire guns (we don't own any guns anyways) and have all the space and freedom they need to do so. Our 17 year old daughter has just started expressing interest in the 55 Chevy sedan I have sitting in the driveway. She works a well paying part time job and wants to start saving money so she can fix it up and drive it some day. It's nice to hear her say that, but she has yet to come out and throw on a set of coveralls to help on my truck and see what it's all about. I have faith that she will one day pick up the hobby. My 15 year old son would love to have a classic to drive all year round, but he lacks the drive to learn anything new. He's still in the teenage slug phase.
67 Ford Mustang (re-restored after Harvey)
1968 Jeep Cj5 (2-8-2020 to present)
1992 Jeep Yj (8-17-20 to present) (Jurassic build)

www.Classiccarsandtools.com
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote