The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2013, 12:22 AM   #1
67c10rustbuket

In the beginning there was....

I never remembered any family history involving the 67-72 trucks but always loved them and knew they were the best looking trucks ever... like a strange connection with no reason... Until I recently found these pics. The seed was planted early

I am on the right at just days past my first birthday in 1978. my brother is on the left. We were removing the guts from the pumpkin for halloween. One pic had written on the back "Dans first haloween 78" well the second technically but the first one I got to participate in I guess.

The truck was my grandfathers and we were in Wisconsin, a few months after leaving California where my brother and I were born. We stayed with the grandparents while my dad was off to school out of state for the Air Force. Gramps's old truck sure looks clean

I asked my mom why we were wearing girly colors and she insisted it was the photograph fading so I'm not sure if the truck color is showing true in the pics.

Years later ??? here is another pic where the rust started creeping and and the truck received a partial primer coat to the affected areas. My uncles identity has been disguised to protect the innocent.

Enjoy the blast from the past! My first known encounter with a 67-72 Chevy

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote