The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

It's gone

Seems to be a run on members getting and letting go trucks here,so it's time for mine. I was waiting for the attaching image issue to get right,but will use P-bucket...I hope.

I sold my tow truck a few weeks ago. I've been off & on with selling for maybe 6-7 years. I tried here and just got thumbs up. I only tried about once a year but tried Craigslist & some classic truck trading sites,too,which only came up with quirky buyers with crazy ideas who didn't appreciate it for what it was. I guess it mattered to me where it went from here and I wanted it to stay a tow truck. I always ended up deciding I really wanted it to stay. Well,a while back I decided I'd try to sell again. This time I was going to do some things to it and ask more. Funny how that seems to work. I figured it was all things I'd want done if I kept it,just finally was able to make it a priority. Carlisle Trucks was coming up and I figured I'd run it up there...to sell or at least make a good conversation piece. I was really stoked and looking forward to it.
Then,I decided maybe post it up on Craigslist before I got into it.I must have hit it right cuz I had three good "reasonable" buyers lined up right away. The 1st guy ended up being the one. He is up in Buffalo NY and has a friend in the next town over who came to look it over. He gave the thumbs up and a deposit was on it's way. The buyer agreed to come for it by the end of the month (July) and was here in a couple of weeks. His intentions are to pretty much run it as is and basically do the few things I wanted to do. He has built a couple mid-late '50s GM medium dutys into big pickups and is a real truck hot rodder.
So,my up/down back & forth on selling adventure is over,it's off my plate,and an empty spot has opened up.
Here it is on it's way out:

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote