The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #18
R_W

Time for some floors

One of the issues I want to address before winter is fixing the big holes in the floor pan. The truck had reasonable carpet, and I wouldn't have found them except for the brown recluse sighting when I first brought her home. 7 years in a barn brings unwanted guests.

Mostly bad toward the hump:

The normal rust spot by the rockers has been repaired in the past with some plates of steel and silly putty. It's good enough I can put a floor pan in, go almost to the rocker, and next summer pull the normal parts and replace them. I hope to have more than normal stability when I do this by not having to do it all at once. I know it duplicates work....but I don't have much of a shop, and driving season is fast on us...

Past the point of no return:

That was the initial first cut, then I'll get closer. I'm hoping all those videos I watched on youtube have me ready for this

Like some of the other floor pans out there, the bolt hole for the cab support was off by 3/4" diagonal. Odd. I think my front cross member looks original, so who knows.

A little fingernail polish on the end of the pointy bolt up from the bottom, and a nice mark for how far off it is:

Looks better on my wife on a Friday night...

A little geometry and a plasma cutter

Flip it on the axis and bingo

Mostly cut in and ready for a fabbed piece under the pedal

I hope I can weld.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

"Daddy, that truck's not red"
Build Thread: TN 20 Build
R_W is offline   Reply With Quote