The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2013, 06:56 AM   #11
robber grin

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

These last couple of days have been busy -

Friday I picked up the bumpers, gaurds, wheels, and bed strips from the powder coaters and they look fantastic. Sorry no pics till they are on the 62.

We ran the brake lines then re-did the 1/4" one piece tube to the rear since I didn't like the first attempt which ran back on the inside of the boxed area - added a union at the opening in the frame by the P-S engine stand and was able to run inside the boxed area of the frame to the rear hose.

Ran the 3/16th's using copper-nickel tubing and that is so much nicer to work than the other stuff... bends and flares easier plus it's purty. Brake lines are done to the proportioning valve!

Mounted the core support to the frame, then the rebuilt original radiator, then figured upper and lower hoses to the rad - had to change the water neck when I found one in my parts with a better angle).

Ran the transmission cooling lines up the P-S frame rail on the inside and clamped them in parallel to one another up to the filler panel area where I can cut them and start the hoses to the cooler.

Mocked up the Flex-a-lite cooler and Gator Clips for mounting... figured out where it needed to be in the grill opening, welded some fender washers to the X-brace of the core support and mounted the transmission cooler there.

Stuck my 60 grill in the hole just to see if it would clear the cooler mounted the way it is - no worries.

Made a burp-tank out of some 2" PVC and caps - but I'm not sold on it yet. Made up a bracket to hang it off top two rad mounting bolts on D-S. It's a good spot but the "tank" looks too much like a pipe-b_mb to me.

Finished welding the bottom side of the cab tunnel repairs where I had some light-leaks and primered it again with some black epoxy primer.

My best buddy and his son came over to help Ray and I set the cab late Sunday evening so we managed to get it back on the chassis before quitting time.

Living the dream -
rg
Attached Images

Last edited by robber grin; 08-12-2013 at 07:01 AM. Reason: removed blurred photo