The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #25
special-K
Special Order

Re: It's gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyjams View Post
Well Tim time $h!t or get off the pot, beside I could use some of the parts for my 67.
Well James,I'm trying really hard "NOT" to find any more,so I'm getting off the pot. Actually,I never went into the bathroom. Poopin' was his idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by derotoreut View Post
Tim, I live up near Buffalo, along with rsavage. Actually, we are only about 10-minutes apart. I'll also keep an eye out for it. Just curious... do you recall the town that he was from near Buffalo?
I'd be curious to know anything...thanks. He just said Buffalo. Honestly,the guy didn't seem too interested in much talk. Just grab 'n' go,which was fine with me. He got hung-up by a heavy downpour (thank God) and my buddy had shown up at the same time to head up to PA to see The World of Outlaws run at Willow Grove Raceway...a very historical track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
I know just how you feel K, how does one get so attached to something like an old truck. I have had sellers remorse about selling one that has rust holes you could throw a cat through. None the less I take pictures of it going out the driveway until its clear out of sight, I thought I was the only one that did that. Sorry for your loss.
Oh yeah,I love my trucks. I blew a few guys off in the times I tried selling before...and decided to just keep. They were flaky anyway and probably never would have come through. Heck,I sold a utility body off a truck once. I took the truck over to a local guy who builds/reconfigures used trucks to lift & load. I followed the buyer up the road and took several pictures if the bed on a trailer. I even fall in love with just a bed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Chevorlet View Post
That looks like it was a very nice wrecker. Glad it found a good home.
I hope it stays as what it is,cuz it sure should. That's why I sold it. I need a li'l dumper more than a wrecker and considered converting. Considered a utility body and an NV4500 and run it for my work truck,too. But,it makes more sense to keep this whole and find another w/o a bed or,even better,one already set-up how I need it
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkends View Post
Congrats on your sale. I have towed alot of cars and trucks on a open trailer and if he towed your truck 10 hours with his truck and trailer I bet that was a ride. It is never good when what you are towing is bigger than your tow truck.. White knuckles and tight butt cheeks.........
The trip is 5 hrs each way,but still...I hear ya! I thought the same thing when I saw his little old Dodge in front of the beavertail. I bet he was feeling just that trailer down the road. White knuckle is right. Time for another story...

In '05 I went down to Florida in a rented '05 V6 1500 to bring a SWB frame back home I bought from a member here. Ok,they don't even want a scratch on the bed and towing is a no-no. Well,I'm not always a good boy and I had plan. Run to Atlanta for a GMC grille I bought,then on to Pensacola to get the rolling chassis (with my wheels & tires) and drop off the '72 Suburban hatch. I rented a U-Haul dolly down there,popped the plastic hitch hole cover off,install ball,and hook lights into the factory harness (they all have a trailer connector with a cap). Next I was heading up the west side of the Smokies to way SW Virginia to get a SWB floor and a couple bedsides I was planning to use all-thread to mount it with. I was rolling right along till I stopped for gas above Chatanooga. Pulling up to the pump the truck kinda stopped a little short on it's own. When I pulled out I saw that one wheel wanted to spin backwards (pinion nut musta been hand tight and...),so I pulled into the vacant stone lot next door. I had to pull out from the frame and get under it backwards. I scavenged blocks from a construction trailer to get the frame in the air. I had to used the ratchet straps I brought to anchor the front end straight. Dollies are meant to haul under the steer wheels!! Every time I'd have to turn (when getting off the hiway) it would throw the front end off and it would start fish-tailin' and I'd have to pull off and adjust the straps. I abandoned the (mountainous) SW VA leg of the trip and forfeited my deposit. The ride slowed significantly and I was looking behind as much as ahead. Then it got better. Apparently the front end was very toed-in so going backwards the tires were scrubbing big time (toed-out). A couple hours from home I saw they were bald on one the insides (were about new),so I could only hope they would make it home before you could see the air in them. I made it,but talk about a white knuckle run!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-13-2013 at 10:41 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote