The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
TwinTurbo

Dual tank fuel lines HELP

I have a BIG problem with my dual tanks on my 83 stepper. I took both tanks off because they were leaking under the brackets. Fixed them, coated them, put them back on but I had to use longer fuel hoses than stock to be able to get them back on an the clamps back on with the tank hanging just low enough to wrestle my arm in there. Sure enough the lines must be kinked because I have severe fuel delivery issues. Everything is brand new. I have a new 550HP mech pump pumping into a surge tank that feeds my EFI pump. All this so I could retain the stock switching valve. The EFI runs fine as long as I manually top off the surge tank. The mech pump is hardly pushing fluid from the tanks to the surge tank. I took 1 tank off, confirmed the lines were kinked and shortened them as much as I could and there is some flow but not near enough.

How do you get to these damned lines? Do I REALLY have to lift the cab?

Here's the truck running. Near the end the FP drops and it starts running rough and shuts down

TwinTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote