The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
67stepchic

Back to my electrical(maybe) nightmare! UGH!

So today is a brand new day. To those who have been helping me so far you've been awesome! I'm not messing with the distributor or intake for now... now here's a new issue...

So yesterday I painted the inside of my cab... (looks good btw) and today the car won't start. I mean not even a click, tick... nada! Headlights won't come on either... so... I have power going everywhere (have checked the battery, starter, alternator(int regulator), distributor(HEI), every little prong on my ignition switch plug, every section of the fuse panel. Everything that should be reading 12V reads 12V, all others were continuity pass/fail) For some reason I get no reading in the fuse panel for the lights and the "PNL"(I assume instrument panel?) Can't figure out why either... The radio works great! lmao
Can't tell you if the dash lights up because it's been out of the truck for 2 weeks now... but til today it had always started and ran great despite the lack of gauges and lights

So what on earth could have gone wrong in painting?! Turning the key and absolutely nothing happens, as if the thing wasn't even plugged into the car... My head hurts and I've been chasing wires since 10am...nothing seems out of place...