The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Picked Up This '71 Chevy Today

-
I learned on the '66 that you don't post that you bought a truck until you have the title in your hand and the truck on the trailer...

That said, this is Grandpa's '71 Chevy truck. Not my Grandpa, PJ's Grandpa. Grandma gave PJ the truck so he proceeds to tear it apart so he can use the parts on his '69 Longhorn. He took the rear end out, he took the seat out, he took the gas tank out, then he took the engine and transmission out to put the TH400 in his truck. This is what is left... He still has the engine and I think I am going to end up with it.. (I hope) I told him it needs to stay with the truck. I have been dealing on it off and on for two years. It was out of the elements but the rats and mice have been in it. For Iowa it has pretty nice sheet metal. It needs rockers but that is about it. The floor is better than I had hoped for.

I went over to the salvage yard and scrounged a rear end and wheels I could use to get it home and the install actually went pretty smooth.

The first pictures were taken inside the building, The next ones were on the trailer. I will post more tomorrow after I get it cleaned up.

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote